From our family to yours, Ramadan Mubarak on behalf of the American Muslim Community Foundation (AMCF). We pray that you and your loved ones have stayed healthy and safe during this unprecedented time. We are grateful for your support and commitment to AMCF’s vision to lead sustainable and strategic Muslim philanthropy for today and future generations.
Earlier this year, we announced a slight change to our name brand; from American Muslim Fund to American Muslim Community Foundation. We evolved our brand to better communicate the breadth of our commitment to advancing American Muslim philanthropy. As a community foundation, we will continue our mission to cultivate the donor giving ecosystem and diversify funding to advance the charitable causes that matter to you.
What We’ve Been Up To:
- Over the last three years, AMCF has established and managed over 76 Donor Advised Funds and Giving Circles, distributing over $1.7 million to 150+ charities. It’s remarkable what can be accomplished when we work together on a shared vision for collective good. Here are some of our highlights to date…
- During our first quarter of 2020, we’ve distributed over $300,000 to 70 charities; supporting initiatives for Black History, Women’s History, US Census, Covid-19 Response and many more. This year, we will continue to focus on causes that impact American-Muslims, while uplifting all minorities and marginalized communities working to promote social justice. We will keep these initiatives active for you to support throughout the year. Please review our initiatives here: http://bit.ly/amcf-cart.
- Hosted a series of webinars & events that you can watch on our website: https://amuslimcf.org/recorded-events.
- For nonprofits, we are hosting 5 endowments and fiscally sponsoring 6 projects. You can learn more about partnering with us on our website: https://amuslimcf.org/partnerships.
- Launching the #MuslimPhilanthropy Podcast: https://amuslimcf.org/mppodcast. By listening, you can learn more about organized donor giving, nonprofit best practices, programs, services, and hear from the leaders in the field at over 365 organizations in our Nonprofit Directory: https://amuslimcf.org/funded.
- Developed Muslim Philanthropic Values: In partnership with The Muslim Productive Company, leveraging their Barakah Culture Cards. You’ll receive a card set with a minimum monthly gift of $10 or by participating in a Donor Advised Fund or Giving Circle. This is a perfect way to discover what motivates your charitable giving and have a fun activity with friends or family to discuss the causes you love supporting: https://amuslimcf.org/mpvc.
- Stay tuned for an exciting new initiative later in the year; launching our Nonprofit Ecosystem Accelerator. Applications will be announced on social media so be sure to follow us @amuslimcf. More information at https://amuslimcf.org/accelerator.
We are eager to continue to strengthen and cultivate donor giving to further diversifying funding pathways for charitable causes. Our work is most imperative during this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic affecting everyone; nonprofit organizations, families, and pretty much the entire charitable giving ecosystem in which we operate. The work of a community foundation and the function of Donor Advised Funds (DAF) have played a critical role during this pandemic because these are accounts setup with assets and cash already dedicated for charitable giving.
The Power of Collective Giving
Make a difference by strategically and collectively using your sadaqa and zakat in a meaningful way. Learn more about our COVID-19 Response Fund for Nonprofits, https://amuslimcf.org/covid-19. We’ve raised over $260,000 to support masjids and nonprofits across the country with our partners. You can start a DAF, or a Giving Circle to create further impact: https://amuslimcf.org/donors or text DAF to 71441.
Join us on our mission by making your contribution today here on LaunchGood, committing online: https://amuslimcf.org/donation or texting AMCF to 71441. When AMCF donates on your behalf, we represent Muslim charitable giving to the broader society and demonstrate our steadfast commitment to social justice. As an ally, donor, advocate, and more, your partnership strengthens our voice.
Co-Founder, President, Board of Directors
Co-Founder, Director of Development & Philanthropy
P.S. Keep an eye out for our daily ‘5 Fast Minutes’ on social media where we interview organizations we’ve supported. To follow our accounts, text SOCIALS to 71441.